Monday, October 6, 2008

Show and It Tells

I showed some of my digital painting work (mango madness, Dancer, Kandyse McClure, Jewel Stait, etc) to someone who knows the difference between using automated filters, and digital paint work, including the individual layers of painting, and the step by step methods used, including adding more to the artwork than was in the original photograph used for reference

R said he couldn't understand why someone would mistake or claim the painted ones were art filter constructs, unless they were totally unfamiliar with the differences in the techniques or process. I felt vindicated, as someone accused me of doing just that.

I have never had any problem listing a photo manipulation as such (Assassins Guild series, The Stage is Set Taiko Drums etc) and was very upset at being lied about, and falsely accused of something I hadn't done.

I was told by R to be proud of the work I had done, and not to let naysayers bring me down. I think his advise is good, and will be followed.



No comments:

Post a Comment