Friday, October 3, 2008

*shakes head laughing*

Once again, I have been accused of 'using a pathetic art filter' to make a portrait. The funny thing about this, is I had someone here who saw the work as it progressed.

Why do people have the "Since *I* can't do it, you are obviously faking!" mentality? Why do they have such a problem believing that a stylus, a graphics tablet and the right software means you can make artworks that rival 'the real thing'?

Does TwistedBrush have art filters? Yes. Did I use it? No

Side by side comparison of the painted one I did, and same image run thru the filter, and quality is excruciatingly obvious.

Here is the one I painted, using the original photograph as a reference image:




This one was the original photograph run through the best quality of the programs' art filter:



It's not 'bad' but it doesn't hold a candle to the one I used the oil brushes and oil daubing tools.

I'm not going to deliberately tank a digital painting. I will do the best I possibly can, and I did.



No comments:

Post a Comment