Saturday, November 1, 2008

The small gods of technology

Are having way too much fun with me.

Had a total OS failure, and a computer crash. I managed to get everything up and running (h.t. to the assist I got from neighbors when I couldn't find my XP disc. I found mine afterward). Then, suddenly my large external hd, the one I just made a full system back up on, including all drivers and program installation files, stopped working. After a quick and panicked exam, turns out the power supply died.

Ok, I email Western Digital, clearly explaining that I needed to know where to get a replacement for it.

I need to get a replacement for the power supply for my External HD. Where can I find one?

Their reply

Thank you for contacting Western Digital Customer Service and Support.
Replacement for the AC Adapter will not be possible as it is not coved by the warranty of the drive.
Kindly check around the hardware stores with a 12 volt 1.5 Amp ac Adapter for your device.

I double checked. I did not say it was. I asked where I could get a replacement. I took several deep breaths and told them:

"I'm not asking for a warranted replacement, but WHERE can I get a replacement for it.

On second thought, never mind, I will take it to a certified computer repair shop and have them take the drive out and re-house it in a new case. You guys really need to read the damned questions before sending out automated form letters, because you just lost my business."

Took it down to NetWays, had the house swapped and all is well... again... for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment