Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bird Rescue Ranger?

Moi? You betcha!

I went put something away in our room, and behold a flurry of dun and tan feathers. I don't see any cat, or bird, but I do follow the trail of feathers. There is Loki swatting a small honey eater. I distract him, and pick up the bird and feel an iron grip of bird claws. Patted Loki with my left hand, and kept bird in my right. Rustled up the bottle of Rescue Remedy, get it opened, and force a drop of it into the birds beak.

Then I examined the bird; no broken bones, no wounds, just a few feathers missing. Kept it warm in my hand for about 5 minutes, and give it another dose.

Took it outside to the empty hanging plant basket and attempted to put the bird into there to continue it's recovery. No need, as the little thing flew off.



No comments:

Post a Comment