Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Sumabidge almost got away with it again

I was looking out the window, and I see the Australia Post van at the bottom of the driveway.  I see the guy rummaging around on the front seat, and then he heads to the back of the van.

I get up, head to front door and stand out in the car port waiting. Did I mention I had the front door open? Screen door latched, but open.  I see him tip a the SORRY TO HAVE MISSED YOU card into the letterbox, and start to get back into the van.

"And just where to you think you're going?" quietly said by me.

He almost levitated.  

"Why didn't you knock?" humorless smile on my face.

He insisted he did. Uhh no.

He hadn't pulled all the way up into the driveway, so I think he was expecting to do a drop the card and run.

Parcel delivered. Receiver smirking smugly. Delivery guy slunk off.



No comments:

Post a Comment