Monday, November 17, 2008

Minor Issues over the weekend

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time a windows box crashed.. oh wait, he does. Not so much of a joke. Was have slow log off problems, and I stupidly once again (baa baa baa) followed The MicroShits' tech page and installed UPHCleaner, and ran it. Yeah, it fixed the slow log off/shut down problem... fixed it right into having to use the back up I had made 3 weeks ago (I had planned to do another full system back up next week). Whatever it screwed up, none of the system restores would work. So, 4 hrs later, and a few programs reinstallations, and all is well again. I will be making yet another back up as I have removed some of the software that was on the old back up, and I really don't see the need to putting it back on should the need arise.

Pillaging: it was funny, we are such regular and notable customers were were missed at the local 'support your local farmer' veggie market, and other shops (We went on Sunday last week instead of Saturday.)

I am tired of the rough patch on the heel and side of my right hand from dragging it on my graphics tablet, and the jerky lines when I am trying to do smooth strokes or lines, so I ordered a 'glide glove' along with some replacement nibs for my Bamboo.

Today was beautiful, sunny, warm, and windy. Made for interesting archery. Used the low profile fletched arrows and kept getting groupings in the area of a a grapefruit. Since we had so many people on the target, I chose to aim and shoot at a specific spot on the target (we had a compound bow user, and I have had arrows scragged by arrows from one of those heavy poundage bows before). Someone decided I needed coaching and started in on me. When I informed him my shots were deliberate, he didn't believe me, until I sighed, said "Watch this" and placed on in the gold. I felt my eyebrow go up when I asked "Satisfied now?". No more coaching advice given. Went back to putting them where I wanted them.

Went to Foo Gwai, whereupon the traditional pork bun sacrifice was made to akire-yta. *urp*

aikidomayland took his mom to Kings Park for their Sunday Coffee Klatch. They need this time together, for healing, without someone there inhibiting them from talking. They are both doing better than they were just a few months ago. It's not easy, but no one thought it would be.

Thereby is the weekend update. We now continue with our scheduled programming, already in progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment