Monday, December 1, 2008

Sunny Sunday

Got up early, as the younger furry god, Loki, decided to hog the bed, spreading out, shoving until he had taken more of the bed space than the humans did.

aikidomayland had gotten the archery gear ready the night before, so I loaded up the car, not forgetting our donations for Cat Haven.

There is this guy at the archery club, who I shall call DJ (for Dim Jim), who likes to throw his authority and weight around. I don't know why he sees fit to harangue and belittle at every turn, but I am heartily fed up with him. I was talking to the club president, and DJ starts in on his "Are well listening? Paying attention?" while glaring at me. What he was nattering on about, 40 feet away from me, had nothing to do with me or anyone at my end of the shooting line! Even the club president was a bit taken aback at DJ and his attitude, but he didn't say anything.

Next: There is a club competition/championship shoot next Sunday. I don't shoot in competitions, as I have no real need for status, doo dads, or 'recognition'. I shoot well, and I know it. DJ was announcing that anyone who has been a member of the club for 3 months should be shooting in the competitions, once again glaring at me when he said it. I can't stand for 3+ hrs shooting that many arrows. My left leg would start wobbling and buckling, and my back would start spasming.

At the end of my shooting, I had a discussion with the club Prez again. I relayed to him what DJ had said, and that if competing becomes a requisite for being a club member, I'm quitting.



No comments:

Post a Comment