Monday, December 1, 2008

Tossing a question out to the Tech Saavy

I had this problem a while ago, and was able to solve it. But I can't remember how.

I had to recently restore my system from back up. That wasn't the problem. The problem was subtitles on DVDs wasn't showing. Kind of a problem since I wanted to watch "Pan's Labyrinth".  I had fixed it before, but nothing I am doing seems to be working, and I can't remember what I did to fix it. It doesn't matter what program I use (PowerDVD, CinePlayer, VLC, KmPlayer) the subtitles just don't show up.

Yes, I know how to select subtitles from the DVD menu, and from the program menu, they just aren't showing up. No, they are set to 100% transparency either.

Everything I have found on the net has to do with burning CDs, or subtitles for AVI files, and that isn't the issue.

Help?

EDIT: About 2 minutes after I posted this, the light bulb went on in my brain, and I remembered how I fixed it last time. Gawd, I feel like such an idiot.



No comments:

Post a Comment