Saturday, December 13, 2008

A quiet night

aikidomayland  has a full dance card tonight. Company shindig, and then gaming session with some buddies of his afterward.

Going to fix light supper for me, take a long hot shower and curl up with a good book tonight. Been feeling kind of tired and dragged out lately, and maybe some serious down time will fix me up.

Computer woes have been cured by what is now dubbed "AcerRacer". I could use some more memory on it, but that will happen later. I have removed all the Nagware and Nannyware ("You have just left clicked your mouse, are you sure you want to do this?"), removed the registry entry for that annoying welcome screen. Blister doesn't make it easy to make other than Micro$oft programs your default ones, but I was determined (three syllable word for stubborn).

 As for AcerChild: once I have all the data I want salvaged (images, documents, music, video) I am going to have a new hd put in it, or have a destructive full format on the current one (I am leaning towards new hard drive), partition it so the OS is totally separated from everything else, and all back ups on the external drives will be wiped. Get that up and running and when it is, it will be the back up.



No comments:

Post a Comment