Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Problem solved

Turns out it wasn't my hard drive that was giving me trouble. It was memory addressing error, everytime I tried to install HP Bluetooth adapter, I had problems. Yes, I was stupid/stuborn enough to have installed it to make sure, only after I got updated ERD Commander.

All hail ERD commander, or else I wouldn't have been able to get things fixed. I was able to roll it back to pre HP bluetooth installation, and am once again back in Windows. But I have a dual boot system right now. XP Home and XP Pro SP3.

AcerChild has an appointment at computer store, for new memory, and memory stress test. Might be more worth my while to just get a new machine. I do work mine a lot more than aikidomayland with all the graphic/audio/video work and editing I do, so I would put a lot more wear and tear in a shorter period of time.

H.T. to wonderful, kind, generous, Ben for coming over and making nice with AcerChild before I tossed it out the window, without opening the window first.



No comments:

Post a Comment