Friday, December 17, 2010

As my grandmother used to say..

I had to go around my a$$hole to get to my elbow!

I have a slightly dated but still functional iPaq Pocket PC. I wanted to sync my contacts data with my Win7 desktop. Couldn't set up to do it via bluetooth, as the 5 seconds I am given to tap in the pairing code isn't enough time, and Windows 7 refuses to recognize/install drivers for such a dated device. And before anyone starts to give me advice on how to do it, trust me, I have been working on this for weeks, so don't bother saying "try this" or "try that". Been there, done that, cussed like an Army Drill Instructor.

So, what I ended up doing was download ActiveSync 4.5 for XP install it on my XP Pro laptop. Synced device there. Opened Outlook contacts, exported them as a comma separated Windows file, saved it in a shared directory, then opened Outlook on the Win7 desktop, selected import, and successfully ported my contacts.



No comments:

Post a Comment