Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Of tech and Nerd

Annoyed by audio constantly being out of sync when I used Sansa Media Converter, I set out to find something to fix this problem. I emailed Sansa (chirping crickets). I checked the Sansa forums, and the AnythingButIpod forums. Nada.

On a whim, I typed "RockBox Sansa e200 series v2" into Google. My inner nerd jumped for joy when I saw that RockBox has indeed come out with its bootloader for the e280v2. I installed it. I ran my avis through WinFF, copied them over, and voila! they played and the audio was in perfect sync.


Rockbox install did say I might not be able to use my Audible audio books. And that was right. Even though the directory is there, the RB shell doesn't 'see' them.

That led to another search. Something to umm convince my Audible audio books to play on RockBoxed player. Success! Converting a few over as I type.

My inner nerd is much pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment