Friday, December 3, 2010

Dear Acer.. up yours

Just when you thought they couldn't get any dumber (not to worry, there is a happy ending).

As I had blogged about, Acer finally got it through their noggin' that it's a video chipset issue, not software, so sent the parts to local to me authorized Acer Repair to arrange for an onsite repair.

Too bad they didn't mention that the All in one TouchScreens aren't eligible for onsite repair, that they have to go into the shop for it. So, the parts did arrive Wednesday, but with nothing about 'contact customer and advise the parts arrive and arrange for repairs'.

So, not knowing this, started pacing and getting a bit annoyed... again. I go to the Acer site, and find the authorized Acer repair, and I called. I said "Hello, my name is Sandra, and I have a strange request, but please hear me out." He did. Parts did arrive Wednesday, and I have made arrangements for the Tech to come here, pick up the machine, bring it back to the shop, swap out the mainboard and the video card, fix the USB port and return it to me. All this was done in under 10 minutes.

Here is the letter/email I sent to Acer, for your enjoyment. I have to admit, I enjoyed ripping into them.

To: E********u@acer.com.au
RE: Nevermind

I discovered who the 'authorised repair/parts' is, and I called them. Turns out there is no, I repeat *no*, onsite service for the Touchscreens systems. I had a nice long conversation with the tech there, who didn't talk down to me, and it seems no one from your office bothered to put "please call to advise customer when parts arrived to schedule repair" which took me all of 7 seconds to type out there. If someone had, I would have been informed on Wednesday when the parts arrived and had my machine picked up by JH Computer Services.

Arrangements have been made by me for the tech to come here, pack the Z5610, and take it in for a mainboard/video card swap and to check the USB port. That was arranged in under 10 minutes. Much better than the 11 months of chasing my tail as I did with Acer Helpdesk.

I don't know what is passing for customer service these days, but all I can say is that since the day I worked for OneByte Computers, it's gone downhill fast. Your left hand has no idea what your right hand is doing, and it's ruining, if not ruined Acer's reputation. With the advent of the internet, blogging, Twitter and a myriad of other instant reviews of products and services, one would think you at Acer would up your game to stay golden in such a competitive market. Sadly, you haven't.

I do thank you for extending my warranty an extra 18 (12 months told to me by WyCliffe and another 6 months via helpdesk communication). That will at least cover the 11 months of headaches and run around that has been given to me.

Regards

Sandra Chung, I.P.A.


No comments:

Post a Comment