Monday, June 1, 2009

More gardening items

I have a fig tree, not a f***king ficus, but an honest to goodness fig tree growing in a pot of mulch and yard waste. This will be the 2nd 'free tree' I have rescued from either between the bricks (I have a Lilly Pilly that is now residing in a pot, growing beautifully) or in yard waste. I have a large empty, already sealed pot that was supposed to be for an avocado tree (I ordered it, and on the day the package that was supposed to have it in there was delivered, I had a hand scribbled note that they were out of them, sorry) that I will use for the fig tree.

Went to Bunnings, got two bags of the proper type of potting mix, some stones for the bottom of the pot, and some Seasol to condition the soil and ease plant shock from being moved. Will transplant tomorrow. The problem is figuring out where the tree is going to go. I am opting for center of the 'court yard' , but not on the soak well, so it will get full sun like it needs to. This way, it can spread out a bit on top.

Also got a small chainsaw for lopping off branches, and two 3 liter containers of environmentally/pet safe weed killer.

Also going to move some of the pups from the century plant, line them up in the front of the yard about a foot apart. Hopefully they will grow up, and not just out. Plan to move some of the Aloe Nobilis plants to the top part of the yard, in front the not doing so great African Bird of Paradise plant.



No comments:

Post a Comment