Friday, June 19, 2009

Persistence FTW!

I emailed the only local vendor/repair service of electric scooters in our area, described the problem, and relayed what the other vendors in Adelaide and Melbourne told me. The throttle needs to be replace, the throttles on these electric scooters are of a standard.  One brand is just like the other.  This is what I got back.

Hi Sorry we can't help as we only repair e bikes that we import.

 I can kind of understand that, but I as I have seen other e-scooters like mine around Fremantle, Leeming, and Kardinya, I figured I would ask him this:

Ok, even though the ones you sell, but are currently out of stock, are identical to the one I have, do you know of anyone that can just replace the throttle.


Regards


His second reply

 How do you know that our throttles are the same? If they are the same we  have some throttles in stock.

My reply

Because the other vendors of electric scooters have confirmed it. I called several of them yesterday, and got the same information.   My scooter was from shipped to me from S.A., Adelaide area.  So even though the carapace might differ slightly, the throttles are standard.

Would your not servicing policy change if I tell you that my son's electric bike was t-boned by a guy who ran a stop sign, and I am in the market to replace his e-bike with a new one?   His was totaled, not asking that to be fixed, just to have throttle swapped out on my scooter.

I would normally do it myself, but I had back surgery about three yrs ago, and can't stay stooped over to do it. Not a sob story, just flat out fact.

Still, if you won't swap the throttle out, I politely ask again, do you know of an electric bike/scooter vendor who will.

His final message

Hi If you bring in either the throttle and bike we will have a look IF we have one that fits we will fit it for you. The above has nothing to do with your statement re you may purchase a bike for your son! If we can help we will.

*bows*



No comments:

Post a Comment