Saturday, June 6, 2009

I respect

I respect people who prefer certain computer, ie some are diehard Mac users, others are Windows users, Linux users etc. What I abhor are people that see fit to insult and deride someone elses choice in systems. They feel it's ok to insult the user of 'other than then one they swear by' computer user.

Why? What is the reason and purpose behind it?

I told someone that I have had a Windows system for 10 years. I haven't had any viruses, malware, or spyware issues. I have never had to reinstall Wndows due to the OS eating itself. I have had a harddrive totally self destruct (luckily I had a back up) and my recent computer woes with AcerChild turned out to be hardware again (a faulty stick of memory). Ok, here is the kicker. I don't use anything other than Windows Firewall, along with my router, FireFox with Adblock, NoScript, and a few other nifty addons. I don't click on Scan/Cancel buttons on popup window if I get one ( which is rarer than an honest politician) I click on the X and close it. I don't now nor have ever used Outlook or Outlook Express. I don't open attachments or accept email from someone I don't know.

There is a certain Linux user on a PC Forum who has had an almost apoplectic fit when he read that I 'surf unprotected'. Started throwing around insults to everyone who wasn't a Linux user. I told him "Your comments or recommendations would have been read by me if you hadn't kicked in with the name calling (Windorks) . After that, anything you might have said got ignored by me."

I am quite sure he will probably come back with yet another system snob scathing comment, but I won't know for sure, as I am just gonna ignore him.



No comments:

Post a Comment