Thursday, May 5, 2011

Acer support, you're sneaky bastards, but I'm even sneakier

My all in one desktop has been having overheating problems lately. Even with two small USB fans running to cool it off, it would overheat and shut down (overheating really an issue on sites with flash) So, I surfed on over to the Acer Support page.

Hmmm,. nifty new design. Ok, so I click on login and input my info.. "Unknown user/Wrong password or account may be disabled". Ooooh kay. Double check my login info and try again. Same thing. I request password reset. Waited two days. Nada.

So, just for shits and giggles, I make a 'new' account, and funnily enough my user info is accepted. Should have been told "User email already on record" or something like that. It didn't. That means all the support history, tech problems, and total screw up Acer kept doing about my Z6510 is gone... Not.

You see, this is where I'm even sneakier. I used "Scrapbook" to capture each and every page of support/repair requests. Even their rude replies.

Acer Support, you might be sneaky bastards, but I am a tech savvy bitch who tends to be a docu-rat.

The good news I submitted my problem, and it was answered very quickly. Just waiting to hear back if the fix is covered by my warranty.

No comments:

Post a Comment