Friday, May 27, 2011

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause

Or in this case, a ray of sunshine.

Restored the back up dates May 1st, 2011. Considering the computer was picked up on May 11th, the data loss was mitigated. Thank goodness my nerd self is set up to do automatic disc image back ups.

It worked.

I have to install some updates, but all seems to be functioning without the machine trying to self destruct.

(paused for phone call)

Acer just called, and you could pretty much dust my ass for lip prints. They are not only extending my warranty (again) they are sending me bribes errr hardware.

I'm still going to have a computer built, and probably shelve this one, or make it a back up system. Sad thing is, when this machine is running right, it's great. But 5 services in 18 months? Not so great.



No comments:

Post a Comment