Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My letter to Acer Customer Care part two

Because I want to be thorough and not have Acer say 'we didn't know', and there was a 2500 character limit I had to break it into two.

I have contacted DiscWorld, where this Acer Fiasco started with me ordering it and then Acer sending the low end model, instead of the quad core duo I had ordered, then jerking me around for months before I resolved it by getting refund from DiscWorld, going to Harvey Norman and getting the Quad Core Duo version. Who would have guessed I would have gotten one with a faulty chipset on the video card that would result is the screen going grey and the computer needing a hard reboot. (Diagnosed by ATi Radeon). Didn't know that at the time, but sent my computer to Sydney to be fixed. It was sent back with a disc wipe, and nothing done. Not only that, the USB Ports on the left side no longer worked. 2 days after setting it up, I got another Grey Screen Of Death. I called Customer Care. It was arranged for JH Computer Services in Perth to come pick up the computer and have it fixed. But you neglected to send the USB port card. It was finally sent after about 2 months. JH Services picked up computer, fixed it, brought it back, set it up, and all was well... for a while.
Then it started overheating. I submitted a support ticket (after noting all previous support tickets and info vanished due to new site design, but I had used FireFox ScrapBook to save every support/repair ticket, from beginning to end). The end result is a work order that sounds like it belonged to the 1st problem I was having with the GSOD, not the overheating problem. I was told in the support tickets that what was needed was reapplication of Thermal paste ONLY. No hardware swap, no HDD wipe.

So, I have called DiscWorld and have asked for a quote for a small footprint Quad Core duo i7, with 8 gigs DDR3 (second generation) with a 23 inch monitor etc. I will be contacting my Credit Card company, to see if there is any protection for me for having purchased a lemon that you/your company has been less then stellar in resolving. My bet is the computer from DiscWorld will cost much less than the $3000 I spent on the Z5610. Even if ******** Mastercard can't help, fine. I will still be getting a computer from DiscWorld as we have two of them here, older than the Aspire Z5610 which have never and any issues at all. So much for Name Brand reliability.

No comments:

Post a Comment