Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Take deep breath, count to 100, repeat because necessary

My Acer computer was returned today. Now, remember, all that was needed was a reapplication of thermal paste. I even have the correspondence between Acer Help Desk (a misnomer if I ever read/heard of). I tell them the computer will overheat and auto shutdown. That's all.



All he says that will be done to my computer is to have thermal paste reapplied.

(take deep breaths again, count to 100)

I get my computer back, and I read the work order.

"System is highly unstable" (whohuhwha...? It was overheating, not unstable. The OS and programs were running just fine!)
"System is shutting down automatically" (ok, that much is right. Computer will shut down automatically to prevent damage from overheating)

Repair Team have identified the following:

  • Miscellaneous part(s) found to be missing (I was told to NOT send mouse, keyboard or power cord, so clueless about this)
  • Video card was found to be physically damaged (was in working order when it left. See above attachment about my complaint how courier handled box)
  • Operating system needs to be reloaded to factory default settings (WHAT THE F**K!!?? NO! Nothing was wrong with the OS. If anything, it was perfectly stable and up to date! Leave it alone!)



We have performed the following actions:


  • Installed component(s) originally missing from factory default build (does this mean I will be getting GSOD again?)
  • Replaced faulty Add-on Cards/Boards (huh? All was working when it left here)
  • Restored system to factory default setting. (You have got to be f**king kidding me!)



You see, the reason this has me fuming, is that had I been told the morons at Acer Repair were going to wipe the drive, I would have made a full disc image to restore on that day. According to the woman I spoke to, the moron claims that he told me the HD would be wiped, to which I replied "That is a lie. Had he told me, I would have made a full system image back up. I dared her to find any telephone recording between him and me where I agree to the HD wipe. There isn't one. Also, there isn't anything mentioned in the support ticket that this was going to be done.

So yes, I am angry. I was so angry and upset, I had an asthma episode. Luckily, puffer was at hand.

So, Acer, f**k you and the horse you rode in on. It will be Sony or a custom built one from DiscWorld.

No comments:

Post a Comment