Sunday, May 8, 2011

I see no need for my computer to go to Sydney

Acer Support (?) said yes, the reapplication of thermal paste is covered by warranty (funny how they changed their mind when I showed proof positive that I have 2.5 yrs of extended warranty on top of the standard 12 months) but are saying it has to go to Sydney.

The last time I sent it to Sydney, not only wasn't the problem fixed, but it was returned in worse condition (USB ports no longer functioned). I want it to go to JH Computer Services, right here in the neighborhood, the "Authorised Acer Repair Centre". The claim of "It needs to go to Sydney because the All in Ones are tricky to fix" doesn't ring true, as it wasn't fixed in Sydney, and was fixed here in Perth! And it didn't take a 2 week turn around either!

I have prettied up the above sentiment, and sent that to Acer Support (?). Let's see what they have to say. I have my acer laptop and external monitor at the ready, regardless.


No comments:

Post a Comment