Thursday, May 26, 2011

Took a chance

I unboxed the Lemon err Acer and booted it up. Reason is that some of the photo software I have (kudos to the makers of it, once I explained what happened, they put my activations to 0/2, so I can reinstall if I have to) just bogs down my poor faithful laptop to the point of it being unresponsive.

So, plugged in wireless USB keyboard/mouse, and started it up. back to the fugly Acer default desktop. I decided to check the D drive, where the majority of data was stored.

My jaw almost hit the desk. It was still intact. I started up the "restore Windows from disk image" but canceled. I am backing up the data on the D drive first. All the tech forums say I don't have to, but at this point, I'm not taking any chances.

The image I have is dated May 1st 2011. That is just 10 days before they picked up my machine to "only apply thermal paste".

Do these fortuitous events absolve them of performing an unnecessary disk wipe on my computer, and lying about informing me they were going to do so, or the fact that computer is a lemon? Hell no. But until DiscWorld builds me one, I will use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment